[Update: Winter winners are announced here]
[The 30-day #MBUstorm challenge happens 4 times a year. Please keep an eye on the upcoming one here]
Here’s how it works:
*** Join MyBlogU ***
2. Use MyBlogU *every day* for 30 days to accomplish something towards your goal (or help others accomplish theirs!), for example:
- Create projects in the Brainstorm section to get our users help you get closer to your goal
- Approve and reject ideas
- Send someone ideas to help (we achieve our goals collectively here!)
- Generate the expert interview in the Interviews section to help you with steps, personal experiences, etc
- Publish an article based on your Brainstorm or Interview projects
- Ask for advice in the forums
3. Whatever you do, tweet it DAILY using #mbustorm hashtag: That’s how we’ll track your progress and cheer for you!
All your tweets will be archived in this Twitter room, so we’ll know if you miss a day Not to be negative here, but we do have the ability to verify your MyBlogU activity through the admin backend: Please don’t cheat!
4. Once your 30 days are over, submit your results (progress report: “How close are you to your goal thanks to the MBU challenge?”) here.
*** The most voted challenge taker will win $1000! And there are more prizes as well!
*** The contest closes on February 1 (~2 months from now) – that’s when our community will select the best results by voting
That means that you can start your challenge any day between now (December 4) and January 2 – however obviously it’s better to start TODAY!
Watch Brainstorm section tutorial here
Watch Interviews section tutorial here
Learn about the types of Brainstorm requests you can create here
Table of Contents:
Here are some examples of your writing / blogging / content marketing resolutions:
- “I will build 1000 subscribers by March”;
- “I will get my 2000th Twitter follower by January 1”;
- “I will write and publish my eBook by February 1”;
- “I am going to write a 500-page book in 2015”;
- “I am going to finally start a blog and it will have at least 300 visits a day by March 1”;
- “I will make $2000 a month by providing writing services”, etc.
The contest closes on February 1 (for us to be able to give away the prizes) but that doesn’t mean that you are done with your resolution! We’ll keep supporting you on your way there!
MyBlogU team and community will keep helping you with the goal and we’ll definitely celebrate when you accomplish it together with you (There will likely be more prizes once your personal resolution is accomplished! Just share that with us once you are done!)
- Our media sponsor this time: First Site Guide: We’ve picked this site because it provides one of the best blogging guides out there, so it matches our “blogging resolutions” topic perfectly!
- Site Geek is giving away a free hosting account! You won’t have to pay for your hosting for a year and you’ll be able to focus on accomplishing your goals instead!
- Buzz Stream is giving away 6 months of their PRO membership to help you build better connections with bloggers!
- Viral Content Buzz is giving away 200 free credits to EVERY successful challenge taker! This will greatly expand your content reach!
Cash + Intensive Training + Motivation to Achieve Your Goal + Freebies!
Let’s get the party started!
— Don Sturgill (@DonSturgill) December 4, 2014
AND Everyone's a winner baby, that's so true with us here at MBU #myblogu
— Phil Turner (@EP_pturner) December 4, 2014