April has been our #MBUstorm month! I love our collective brainstorming challenges! It’s so much fun and it’s actually great watching your blogs grow thanks to them! Thanks to all the Spring #MBUstorm participants!
We also started a neat initiative trying to build an all-in-one, yet non-overwhelming resource for new bloggers. We are using the power of @MyBlogU to crowd-source most useful links and tools for bloggers to use! No fluff, only real stuff from real bloggers…
Without further ado, here’s what we’ve been doing in April
April Twitter Chats
- The Ultimate List of Must-Have WordPress Plugins: No need to go through the lists of 100 hundred cool WordPress plugins. We know there are a lot and most of them are fun to play with but we are limited in time and our sites are limited in bandwidth, so here’s the list of most essential ones to install.
- Best Marketing Tactic: Promote Your Promoters with @VCBUzz and #MyBlogU: The most efficient connection-building tactic you’ll ever come across. One of the hugest struggles of bloggers is to keep blogging in the silence. Connections take time to build up but it’s so important to hear from people in the first months of blogging: We can’t be alone! Start here if you need fast results to keep yourself motivated to move forward.
- Introducing: Your #MyBlogU Dashboard : One of newer @MyBlogU features which we are still developing but it’s already very useful! Here it’s explained and you are invited to share your feedback for us to make it better!
The best way to build connections is to genuinely provide something valuable to the community. That's the heart of blogging! #myblogu
— Andrew James (@AJutah) April 30, 2015
Content Our Users Create at #MyBlogU
#MBUstorm months are always rich in awesome content (That’s how we make the web a better place!) There’s no way we can share all of the awesome articles here but here are some highlights:
- So timely! 10 Fun Frugal Hobbies to Try This Summer by @TheSavingsOpp feat @WPressionist @amabaie @muminsearch @kipkitchen @James_AL_Downs @BestKeptSelf @CoolNameIdeas
— Savings Opportunity (@TheSavingsOpp) April 30, 2015
- Ecommerce Link Building: 44 Experts Reveal Their #1 Tactic via @freddiechatt
- Love Letter Skills: Develop Them To Win Over Women by @RelationshipCir feat @amabaie
- So what’s the future of Google Plus?: I am amazed at the quality of responses here. The article turned out to be very popular! “100% MyBlogU!” Awesome replies come from @DonSturgill, @CraigFifield, @TheBeardOfSEO, @ErikEmanuelli, @RiverbedMktg, @jdquey, @sbizideasblog, @peterlunn, @noobpreneur, @jankearney, @Gregcoopers
- What Is Your Biggest Blogging Regret? via @WPressionist
- 37 Elements of User Engagement: UX, Conversions, Loyalty via @WHSRnet by @LuanaTF
- Mobilegeddon: Is Your Business Prepared? via @RiverbedMktg
Actions are louder than words: The quality of content we provide at @MyBlogU is simply AMAZING thanks to our smart users!
MyBlogU Mentions in April
We’ve received some good press this month! Here are just a few of our accomplishments:
- We made it to @huffpost! How to Crowdsource the Top 5 Needs of Your Business and of course MyBlogU comes as the best content crowd-sourcing tool!
- Crowdsourcing for journalists and PR pros: 4 tools you need to know about over at @MuckRack! Thanks, @adrienneerin!
- How To Pick A Profitable Niche & Blog For A Living: 56 Experts Share Their Secrets at @NicheHacks. We are there thanks to @ErikEmanuelli. Actually BOTH @MyBlogU and @VCBuzz made it to the article. Awesome!
- And we are also featured at @HubSpot as one of the best outreach tools: 7 Tools for Finding & Connecting With Influential Bloggers, this time thanks to me 🙂
Lastly, this month we were going to start “Member spotlight” featuring one of our members who did something awesome at #MyBlogU. That chosen user will also be featured in users’ dashboards allowing more exposure.
But with so many #MBUstorm’ers doing such an awesome job we couldn’t pick one and we didn’t want any of our challenge-takers to be discouraged too! So we’ll start that tradition next month and you better start doing something awesome! Depending on your business, we’ll do our best to send new followers, leads and clients your way!
Thanks for another awesome month! We are blessed to have you!